Tuesday 13 October 2015

Crop & Create Cornwall: Road Trip~


This past September, my friend Shelley and I went on a little road trip to Cornwall, Ontario to attend Scrapbook & Cards Today's Crop & Create. This was my very first Crop & Create event. It was Shelley's second.
We broke up the trip, staying in hotels both ways. But if we had driven straight to and from it would have been about 13 or 14 hours each way.

The event in Cornwall was held at the Nav Centre. The perfect place for en event such as this. An added bonus, was that while staying at the Nav Centre, your food was included and it just happened to be FANTASTIC!

Upon arrival, everyone received Scrapbook & Cards Today's Fall Kit. I created this first layout from that kit.


A photo of my stunning cousin from her prom last Spring worked perfectly with the patterned papers.
Many of the patterned papers in this kit were from the Wonder collection from Crate Paper.


I picked up the "beautiful" sticker from My Stamping Studio, the store at the crop. It's by Simple Stories.


The stunning silk ribbon is by May Arts Ribbon of course! So is the natural burlap string.



The second layout I created while at the crop was made using a mix of patterned papers and embellishments from a few collections. More than I care to name :)


I wanted the patterns to work well with such a great photo.



My third and final layout I created while at Crop & Create  is this one of our crazy pooch Kya.


I used patterned papers from the DIY Shop collection from American Crafts. The gold polka dot patterned paper is from Crate Paper, and the gold letters are by Thickers.





There wasn't a whole lot of time for cropping through the weekend, so these are the 3 layouts that I completed in our down time between classes.
I did however create a few more projects in classes taught by Becky Higgins, Nicole Nowosad and Vicki Boutin. All fun and fabulous!


All in all, we had the "Best Time Ever!"
I'm looking forward to our next crafty adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!