Friday 22 May 2015

The DiPenta Project: Part 2~

Today I am sharing my second instalment of the DiPenta Project.
This is a heritage album that I have been creating for a family that was sent my way. This family has an incredible collection of photos and memorabilia that we should all be envious of. Not to mention the fact that it is very well organized, which makes my job of creating, far easier.

If you missed The DiPenta Project: Part 1, click HERE to check it out.

Here are 3 more projects created for their family album.


This first layout features a photo of Theresa Wheaton. It is created using the On This Day collection from Kaisercraft.


This ultra feminine photo deserves all of the flowers, doilies and everything pretty.
Again, as always using photo corners helping with the vintage feel, and protecting the photos.
All of the photos that I am using are copies. I recommend always using copies in your heritage albums, that way you can store your originals away someplace dry and safe in case more copies ever need to be made.


This second layout of Mary features the Bo Bunny collection, Serenade.
A brighter, and slightly different vintage collection that I thought suited this photo well.




Last but not least, a great photo of Rocco.
I chose to use a die cut background from Kaisercraft and leftover patterned paper from the previous layout from Bo Bunny's, Serenade collection.


The stickers for "Rocco" are from Thickers....love them!


The striped black ribbon is from May Arts Ribbon of course, and I love it on this layout. It's simply knotted on one side.


Tip of the Day:
When you work on a heritage album, if you're like me, you have come across all sorts of albums, frames and boxes that your family's photos have been stored in.
There is one style of album that is notoriously problematic, the 'magnetic paged album'. There is a photo of one of those pages below.


These pages have been popular for many years, and are still available today. The albums sold today have come leaps and bounds from the ones sold in the 60's and 70's. 
So, here is what can happen to those older albums. Either the adhesive will dry out completely and the photos will fall right off the pages.
OR, the scarier of the two...the photos now seem to be cemented to the pages. My Tip of the Day pertains to the second scenario. If you have photos that seem eternally cemented to the page, there is still hope. Grab that waxed dental floss that you have, but NEVER use for actual flossing. Shimmy that floss under a corner of the photo, and slowly shimmy your way down the photo until it has been released from the page. I have also heard off adding a little bit of heat, say with a hair dryer....not too much! This sometimes will just warm up the adhesive, making it easier to shimmy your floss underneath.

Thank you so much for stopping my to see this second instalment of The DiPenta Project. Stay tuned for many more, during this journey.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these are really great layouts! I love your style and all the elements you add! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!