Thursday 30 April 2015

The DiPenta Project: Part 1~

Today I am sharing the first instalment of The DiPenta Project. 
I had a family sent my way in order to help them create a heritage scrapbook. I have created scrapbooks in the past for other people, but this is my first heritage album for someone else.
I have been working on and off on this project now for a few months.

Creating a scrapbook for someone else, can have it's challenges. Usually the biggest challenge, is that often I am given photos with really very little information to go with them. Add that to the fact that often I do not know anyone in the photos themselves, it poses challenges.

BUT, the DiPenta family has their act together! I have never taken on such an in depth and organized project. The sheer amount of beautiful photos complete with so much crucial information is just such a pleasure to work with.

Being given such a large collection, my first couple of times working on the project was simply organizing. Post It notes came in very handy. I created piles of "ready to scrapbook", "make copies of photos" and "come back to".
After then making some copies of photos, mostly to make them a little smaller, from larger portraits. I then went back to organizing. Now mainly into 2 categories, "ornate and elegant" for the portraits and fancier photos and then "everyday photos".

The layouts I chose to start with were the "ornate and elegant". Generally these will be one photo per page in order to showcase these portraits properly. They are also a little more fun to embellish and get fancy with.
Today's post is  dedicated to 3 of those layouts.


The first layout features patterned papers from 2 collections. The Archivist collection from Prima and  the Heritage collection from Bo Bunny.


You'll also find this oh so pretty lace and pearl ribbon from May Arts.



The second layout features patterned papers from the Heirloom collection from Kaisercraft.



The third and final layout today features patterned papers from the DIY Shop collection from Crate Paper.

Something you may notice about all 3 of these layouts is that I used photo corners on all of the photos. This is for multiple reasons. First, because these are not my photos, I want to make sure that these photos can be accessed by other family members to copy if need be. Second, from an archival sense, this will keep photos as pristine as possible. And third, it really completes the vintage or heritage look of an album.



I hope you continue to follow along with the process of the DiPenta Project, where I will be sharing tips and tricks to creating a heritage album.
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous pages! I love this style

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do very good work! I love working on my heritage pages, but it takes such a long time to get it just right. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to do someone else's heritage album!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do very good work! I love working on my heritage pages, but it takes such a long time to get it just right. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to do someone else's heritage album!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY Tracy! I looked at all of your layouts in this series, and I am loving them all! Love your designs, papers and they compliment those gorgeous precious photos! Well done! Bravo! Right up my alley!

    Wishes and Hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!