Friday 29 August 2014

Rainbow Ribbon Photo Corner Tutorial~

Today I'm sharing a layout that I had created as a part of the Rainbow Ribbon challenge with May Arts Ribbon.
We were sent a variety of gorgeous, bright and cheery ribbon to work with. I wanted to create a scrapbook layout using the ribbon in different ways than maybe you are accustomed to seeing.



My tutorial today features the large photo corners I created for this layout. I used the 1.5" purple ribbon as the base of the photo corner.


I started with a piece of white cardstock that is 3"x3". I simple doubled the width of the ribbon itself.
I then scored diagonally from corner to corner of each of the pieces of cardstock.


You are then going to cut out one of the triangle sections using your scissors.


Then you are going to cover the entire section where you see the ribbon laying with double sided tape, and adhere the ribbon to the cardstock.
You are also going to trim off all of the overhanging ribbon.


Now you are going to fold on the scored lines, and adhere the back flaps together, forming the photo corner.
Now it's ready to be added to your layout or photo.


Here are a few more detail shots of my layout, where I used some more of the rainbow ribbons.




Thanks for stopping by to check out my Rainbow Ribbon Photo Corner Tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!