Friday 11 July 2014

Inspired By Challenge~


My first challenge as Guest Designer for the month of July for Scrap Plezier was an "Inspired By" layout challenge. Astrid put together this challenge. She is inspired by fellow crafter Wendela Lam, who has a very "Retro-Vintage-Romantic" style. So our challenge was to create a Layout, Card or Altered Item with that theme in mind.
Here is a little bit of her work, that we had for visual inspiration.
I will fully admit, that this is not a style that you often see me work in. But I was up for the challenge.


Here is my version of "Retro-Vintage-Romantic".
I think it's still has a little bit of me, and a little bit of Wendela.


I used the By the Sea collection by Graphic 45. I adore this collection, perfect for an east coast girl and her family. I went full on vintage with the photo. It's a photo of my Dad and his older sister, having a beach day on the shores of the Bay of Fundy.
Circa 1949 or so.


The lace came from my stash, I picked it up along the way at some point. More than likely from a thrift store or garage sale. I cut it into a narrow strip and ruffled it all the way around the large circle.


I added some fun embellishments also from my stash. Some buttons from Buttons Galore & More, and other coordinating embellishments from Graphic 45.


Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and check out my "Inspired By" challenge layout.

2 comments:

  1. Love it Tracy! The eyelet lace is beautiful with it! :D

    From A Broad...
    Debbie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout for a beautiful family picture :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!