Saturday 19 July 2014

Decorative Gift Jar~

Today I am sharing a quick and easy way to create a beautiful Decorative Gift Jar.
I love to take items that are no longer being used for their original purpose and then giving them new life!


This little jar with a wooden lid originally came from Michaels and had pretty little flowers in it. The flowers are now long gone, but I just couldn't throw away the cute little jar.
So I started with my large Red Polka Dot Ruffle Flower from the Curtsey Boutique and found some patterned paper that matched. Some pom pom ribbon from May Arts, and the Red & White Bakers Twine and Chalkboard Heart also from the Curtsey Boutique.


The first thing I did was punch a hole in my chalkboard heart using a 1/8" hole punch.
Then I tied the baker's twine through the hole.


I added a big beautiful button using my hot glue gun, to the middle of my Red Polka Dot Ruffle Flower.


I kept the glue gun out and used it to attach the pom pom May Arts ribbon to the wooden lid of the jar.


My ATG adhesive worked great to adhere the patterned paper around my jar. Turns out 12" strips worked out perfectly.


The final step was to use my hot glue gun to attach the twine with the chalkboard heart and the large flower to the top of the lid. 
Voila! A cute little container that would be perfect for some fresh baked cookies, candy or even a nice little piece of jewelry. It's sure to brighten up anyone's day!



Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my Decorative Jar Tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!