Monday 14 April 2014

Paper Towel Flower Tutorial~

Today I am sharing a quick tutorial on how to create these sweet and simple Paper Towel Flowers.
The bonus is, that you probably have all that you need to create them in your craft supplies right now!


Step 1-
You need some paper towel. I started with 2 half sheets, and wet them under the tap and squeezed out some of the excess water. Flatten it out in an area that you are not afraid to get a little dirty.

Step 2-
Add your colour! I used a variety of spritzes and sprays for mine. But you can also use ink, re inkers, or dripped fabric dye. The dampness of the paper towel will cause the colour to spread somewhat. Add as much colour as you would like, but keep in mind that it will dry a little lighter than it looks when it is wet.



Step 3-
Let the paper towel dry completely. Yesterday it was actually sunny, so I was able to set it out on the front porch in the sun to speed up the process.

Step 4-
I used a piece of cardstock I cut using a 2.75" circle punch as a template. I traced the circles onto the paper towel using a pencil. Then cut them out using scissors.


Step 5-
I then gathered each circle in, sort of a ruffle pattern, and pinched it flat in the middle. then took a regular stapler and stapled each into form.


Step 6-
I used a hot glue gun to adhere 3 petal layers together for each flower.


Step 7-
The finishing touch is that, again with a hot glue gun I added a vintage button to the middle of each of my flowers.



Taaa Daaaaaaa! There you have it, sweet and simple to create Paper Towel Flowers!


Thanks for stopping by! Check back again for more crafty goodness!

2 comments:

  1. I just may try this very soon!!! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another simple and easy step by step tutorial . Thanks Tracy for sharing this. When I made some I used my Spellbinder dies to cut different shapes just a tip .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!