Monday 7 April 2014

May Arts Retro Ribbon Day #1~


May Arts Ribbon put the challenge out there, and I decided to accept and applied to be a part of this fabulous challenge. They accepted!! I was so excited to be able to participate and work with their fabulous product.

The May Arts Challenge had a Retro colour theme this time around and they had posted this collage of images for inspiration. I adore these Retro colours!


Here are the ribbons I chose, and was so excited to pluck out of my mailbox. So, SO, sooooo pretty!


The first project that I wanted to create, and the project that I submitted back to May Arts was this scrapbook layout. Once I had the ribbon in my hands, I sat down and brainstormed a bit as to what I wanted to do with it.
So here is what I came up with.


A closer look at the details. I used flowers by Prima and the buttons are from Buttons Galore & More.



Take a peek at my ribbon loops. I cut 13 pieces of the ruffled green ribbon that are about 3" long. I looped each piece and adhered them in back of my half circle of cardstock and patterned paper.
I used a ton of Mini Glue Dots to adhere the yellow ribbon to the cardstock layer of the half circle.


I used patterned paper from the Teresa Collins You Are My Happy collection and the Print Shop collection from Studio Calico.


A huge THANK YOU to May Arts for including me in this Retro Ribbon challenge. I had so much fun creating with these best of the best ribbon products.


Find and Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!