Thursday 13 February 2014

14 Days of Love: Day 13 Apple Cinnamon Cake~

Today I am sharing a little something that I love.
I am not a huge fan of normal cake and icing, so for my birthday I ask for this Apple Cinnamon Cake with warm Caramel Sauce to be made. My mother found the recipe YEARS ago, and I think it came from the newspaper. I helped Sean make it this year.


It's a fairly large cake, I usually bake it in a 9x13 pyrex dish.

Recipe:

Combine the following:
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Golden Crisco
2 Eggs

In a separate bowl combine the following:
2 Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt

Combine the 2 separate bowls.
Mix 1 Cup of Milk with 1 tbsp vinegar and add to your mixture.

Add 2 cups of chopped Apple

Pour into your 9x13 baking dish

Topping:
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Cold Butter

Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the top of your cake batter in the baking dish.
Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes

Caramel Sauce
(I often double it, as I like lots...as well as it's nice on ice cream)

1 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Corn Syrup
1/3 Cup Butter
1 1/3 Cup Coffee Cream
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla

In a saucepan, bring the sugar, syrup and butter to a boil. Stir at a boil for 3 minutes. Stir in the cream and bring it back to a boil. Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
Keep left over sauce in the fridge.

Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy this recipe. It is by far, my favorite cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!