Wednesday 12 February 2014

14 Days of Love: Day 12 Sweetheart Candy Bouquet~

Something that my Sweetheart likes is Sweets!
So this Valentine's Day, I made him a Sweetheart Candy Bouquet with all of his favourite sweets.


I started with decorating my mason jar. I wanted a heart, painted with DecoArt's Chalkboard Paint for Glass. So, to do this I first created a mask/template. I used washi tape on was paper. Then simply punched it with my large Stampin' Up Heart punch. 


Then you are able to easily pull the washi tape up from the wax paper and adhere it to the mason jar to use as a mask.


Another little tip is how I was able to keep all my heavy candy picks in place. Well that's pretty easy actually. A toilet paper roll cut down a little bit, filled with modelling clay.


I could then pop that into the jar and then fill the rest of the jar with candy.


A close-up of the front of my jar shows how well the chalkboard heart turned out. Then I used Gold and Pink Liquid Pearls to accent it.


I also added May Arts ribbon to the top of the jar, and pink buttons from Buttons Galore & More of course.


You can customize your bouquet with almost anything that your sweetheart may desire!


Thank you so much for stopping by. Two more days to get crafty for your sweetheart!

Find and Follow me on Pinterest for more crafty sweetness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!