Monday 10 February 2014

14 Days of Love: Day 10 Valentine Hanging Ornament~

On the 10th Day of Love, I am sharing a little something I created that I was inspired to create, by something I saw on Pinterest. This Christmas I pinned an ornament that was created from a wooden thread spool, and since then I have been wanting to create one.

I created this one with an obvious Valentine colour theme, but this would be just so pretty in just about any colour scheme. So stay tuned, as I will probably create others in the near future.


Here is the spool that I started with. It came from the sewing box of my grandmother, who at one time worked for Singer. I have been finding all sorts of pretty goodies that I can use for crafting.


I used My Mind's Eye patterned paper and embellishments from this year's Valentine collection to decorate this spool. You can find it at The Cutting Garden. The red gingham ribbon also came from my grandmother's sewing box.


The sweet and simple button is from Buttons Galore & More.
I used Deco Art's Metallic Red and White paint to cover my wooden spool.


Thank you for stopping by to check out Day 11 of my 14 Days of Love.
Find and Follow me on Pinterest for more crafty inspiration:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!