Tuesday 28 January 2014

A Kitchen Themed Gift~

Today I am sharing a Kitchen Themed Gift that I created.
This is something that would make a great addition to a gift basket of kitchen themed goodies.


I started with blank index cards. Then I simply added a strip of washi tape at the bottom to dress it up. I added some simple hand written text at the top and I was finished.


At this point I had already found the perfect oven mitts, so now it was time to make the plain wooden spoons, match the oven mitts.
I also found another great use for washi tape, paint line masking. Washi tape has very similar adhesive properties to masking tape or painters tape. So I taped off lines on all of the spoons and started painting.

I used Americana Multi Surface Satin paint, in Pink Cadillac.
By painting these spoons, and letting the paint cure for 4 days, makes the paint multi surface safe. I would probably still hand wash.


Then put these simple items together and you get a pretty and simple kitchen themed gift.



Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you get a little crafty the next time you need a gift for someone special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!