Saturday 10 August 2013

Rit Dyes Blog Hop Coming Soon~

Stop back on August 12th for the Rit Dye Blog Hop to see lots of great ideas for crafting with these fantastic dyes! I don't often work with fabric being a paper crafter for the most part, as sewing machines hate me. But when I was researching Rit Dyes, I found out that you can do so much more than I ever thought with them. For instance I found this on the Rit Dye Blog, did you know that you can dye golf balls??


I come from a golfing family, they love the game and are quite good at it. Myself, not so good at golfing. What I am good at is finding golf balls in the woods. Just call me Hawkeye! So over the years my family has accumulated quite a collection of golf balls. So I dug into the stash and started playing with dyes.

Here is what you need to do:

  • In a plastic dish, pour 2 cups of boiling water.
  • Add 2 tbsp of your chosen Rit Liquid Dye
  • Stir
  • Add your clean golf balls, making sure they are completely covered
  • Let sit for up to 20 minutes
  • Rinse under cool water and pat dry with paper towel.



I did a little mixing of colors to get various shades of blue, purple and pink.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll stop by again on the 12th for the Rit Dye Blog Hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!