Thursday 24 January 2013

Photographic Revolution Tip #3~

Change Your Perspective:

This tip works especially well with photos of children and pets. I also like to try this when taking photos of architecture.

Most photos are taken at adult eye level, mostly by habit. But I challenge you to try something a little different. For example, with children and pets instead of taking photos at eye level and merely pointing the camera down towards them, get right down on the floor. Get down and dirty to their level. You can take a much more intimate shot of your subject this way.

Try it when your child is drawing, blowing out their birthday candles, napping so sweetly or playing on the floor. Here are a few samples of what I'm talking about.



As I mentioned before, try this with architecture as well. It can give a very new and fresh perspective on your everyday shot of a building.


My last samples also change the perspective, only this time I got higher rather than lower. The first shot is from ground level, another shot of Zoe in the snow.


This second shot I got up higher. In this case, up a bank next to the road. I also rotated the camera which gives a very different perspective of the same situation.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them!